Monday 26 March 2012

4 weeks to go

Incredible. This time in 4 weeks we would have completed (all being well) the first day of 14 arriving in Lostwithiel.

So the week just gone, was a good one for rides. I had the mid week commute home with 44km and then yesterday (Sunday) I had a 93km ride. The Sunday ride was not as much as I had hoped for, but to be honest I wasn't feeling it. I was quite down, not sure why though? The ride was good the weather was pretty much perfect. I certainly noticed at the end of the ride again my resting hate rate was back to normal quite quickly. I think I do need to concentrate on the warm down and doing so for longer. A slight tangent from the Land's End to John O'Groats ride; went to see The Muppet Show Sunday evening and that was awesome and great feel good movie.

Now that the days have moved into the Summer time time, my plan over the coming weeks is to go for short rides. 20-40km twice maybe three evenings a week. I would like to really work hard to build on my fitness levels as the big ride approaches in the coming weeks. My ideal would be to be back if not better than my fitness in about July/August 2011. I was cycle 5days (sometimes 7days) a week and really noticed my stamina increase.

I have numerous tasks that need to be completed, none more so than finalising the route. This week along with the evening rides, route tweaking, I think outstanding kit must be selected and prepared to be purchased. Our Alzheimer's Society t-shirt and jersey's need to be ordered too.

In terms of fundraising there is a slow trickle of donations coming in, which is fantastic, but I really need to get this going. I am a long way off my desired target off £5k, which is a little disheartening, but up until last week I had not been advertising hard.

Great news from the government this week too: "Extra funding for research into dementia forms a central plank of the government's attempts to tackle the "national crisis" in care." ..."Dementia is thought to affect about 800,000 people,"... Although this is a good step in the right direction from the government, I still want to help our sufferers and carers.


Thank you to everyone who have made donations to date, the contributions have been sensational and shall go a long way to helping those suffering and research.


Please donate whatever you can: http://www.justgiving.com/e2ecr

No comments:

Post a Comment