Sunday 26 February 2012

8 weeks to go

So this last week has been spent on antibiotics with a case of 'man' flu - just can't shift it. I managed to get a short training ride in, but mainly to test out the Garmin Edge 800 GPS (from Evans Cycles). I mapped a normal route that I have made several times over to ensure that the device takes me where I should do. A successful days ride with no issues. Although it was a tough ride whilst being on antibiotics. This coming week I shall plot an unknown route and test the Edge on a couple of larger distances.

Since overhauling the Dawes Horizon, I finally purchased a new saddle (Specialized Toupe Comp Gel Road Saddle from Evans Cyles), which I shall put through a long ride to test. I'm hoping that a couple of 100km rides will determine if it will stand up to the back-to-back 14 day ride.

As the evenings are now becoming lighter I shall certainly be looking into some short rides to keep the legs ticking over.

Mud guards and panniers; there next.


No comments:

Post a Comment