Sunday 19 February 2012

9 weeks to go

In 9 weeks time I shall be on the eve of my 14 day, unsupport ride from the most Southern point (Land's End) to the most Northern (John O'Groats) of the United Kingdom. Today was the first time I had ridden my chosen bike (the Dawes Horizon) since the complete overhaul. It is still yet to have the mud guards, pannier rack and drinks holder fitted back on. It ran like a dream though and it certainly gave me a sense of excitement and nervousness towards this adventure.

I must make sure I publish the rebuild photographs on my site www.e2ecr.co.uk so that those wishing too, can see it's transformation. My next "to do" is thinking about kit and what to take, but thankfully I do get to share some items with dad i.e. the tool kit etc.

I am hoping to post weekly (Sunday evenings), up until the day/night of departure and then it should be daily, perhaps twice daily - depending on how tired I am.

Please don't forget to donate: www.justgiving.com/e2ecr

No comments:

Post a Comment